Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Safe and sound

Just a quick message with the full story to come to let you know we all made it home tonight. John and Jack had narrow misses but made all of their connections. The girls and I faced canceled flights in Vancouver and had a crazy day that ended with the last standby seats on the last flight to Calgary, and staying in an expensive downtown hotel because there were no rooms in the (airport) inns (as we heard 1,500 passengers were stranded). The girls and I took the bus home today and John and Jack even beat us home on the original flight. None of our luggage is here, but I am sure it will be eventually (and we know it made it to Vancouver, so that's a start).

And... no spots! No coughs or sneezes or anything to indicate they infected planes full of people. Hooray!

All three kids were AMAZING. They are such good travelers. And I am in awe of the kindness of strangers (we had a LOT Of help along the way). We are all so happy to be home and see Kaia and our house, which feels so huge.

More to come. Thanks for all the good wishes that helped us through the longest night, and day, and night, and day...

No comments: