Saturday, November 1, 2008

Photos from the Lake Toya trip

At last -- I have uploaded the pictures from our Lake Toya weekend.

Here is a glimpse of some of our favorites. You can see us in our yukata, the bathrobes you wear to the traditional Japanese baths, and checking out an active volcano that shot up out of a corn field during World War II (they knew it was a sign of something... just what, no one was sure...), and our ride to the top of another mountain in a gondola.

You can also see lots of sleepy girls -- we spent a lot of time hiking with girls in arms or on backs (and are VERY happy with a sling/child-carrier I found here early on. There are a ton of great babywearing carriers here! A lot of parents use them instead of strollers when out and about -- easier than a stroller on a subway, I'd guess.)

In the Shutterfly pictures, you can see Richard, the very kind HGU faculty member who accompanied us, and our hotel (which included "Viking style", or buffet, breakfast and lunch). If you want to know who is who in a photo, just email me and I'll add it.


No comments: