Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In Japan! And so is our luggage!

NARITA AIRPORT, Tokyo

Just a quick note to let anyone who is checking here know that we AND our luggage made it to Japan. We are in Tokyo waiting for the flight to Sapporo. The kids were stars on the 10 hour flight (although I can fill you in on Jack's puking in the bathroom (didn't get him the Gravol soon enough) and on how I completely took advantage of my adorable identical twins so that people would be nice to us... it worked although I feel a little dirty for having done it) and they hardly fussed at all. Such the world travellers. They loved the letters and stickers and notes from friends, and the individual TVs and music, and napping. They are completely exhausted now (it's 1 a.m. their time, 4 p.m. in Tokyo) and tripping over themselves -- but we are almost there. Will post more once we are settled in the new place.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Congratulations! I'm tired just reading about your travels!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I am so glad that you -- and your luggage -- made it! My stomach sank feet when I read about "la crise" in the Lethbridge airport. So glad that you (and the diapers and mac'n'cheese made it nonetheless). I thought of you guys at 8am Tuesday morning -- "hmm, they have been up for hours and are already on the plane..."

Onto chapter 2 of your great adventure!